Tue 1 Sep 2015
Posted by surya under Uncategorized
Comments Off on Inderjit Khurana National Award-2015
The Indjerjit Khurana National Award
Year of Institution
The Prize Money
- ₹ 100,000 (Rupees One Lakh Only)
Time & Place of Award Ceremony
- 24th November 2015, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Ruchika Social Service Organisation
- The Inderjit Khurana National Award Adjudicating Committee
The meaning and the Purpose of the Award
- It seeks to support individuals or organizations who have made exceptional contribution in the fields of education and welfare of underprivileged children and other similar empowerment works for the underprivileged.
- It is a memorial to the life work and the determination of Late Mrs. Inderjit Khurana who dedicated her life to the service of marginalized sections of society, particularly the children of Urban Poor.
- It seeks to incarnate a noble contribution to the deprived children irrespective of gender, caste, religion, nationality, language and the like.
Qualification of the Nominee
- An organisation or person who has worked for relevant meritorious service anywhere in India
- An organization or person who has sought to resolve illiteracy, child labour, trafficking, hunger, child abuse etc. which destroy the basic rights of children in oppressive social structures.
- An organization or person who has contributed in the concerned field for not less than ten years.
- Candidates for the Award must receive a nomination / recommendation in accordance with the official form.
- Departments of any State Govt., the Central Govt., and any non Govt. institution dealing with Children and Women Welfare, Vice Chancellor of Universities can recommend.
- The Application form can be downloaded from the organisation’s official website.
- The adjudicating committee will take into account the nominee’s activities in the welfare and uplift of unprivileged and underprivileged children.
- Candidates for the Award must respond conscientiously to scrutiny by the adjudication committee in terms of interview, request of additional documentation, questions etc. If any distortion of the truth is discovered in the submissions then the Adjudicating Committee reserves the right either to reject the nomination / cancellation of the award.
- The winner is expected to attend the award ceremony and the accompanying events.
The Award Adjudicating Committee
The committee consists of 5 members: The Secretary of the sponsoring organization i.e. RSSO, A retired administrator of the rank of the Principal Secretary of a state, A retired Administrative Officer of the Govt. of India, A retired member of the Judiciary not below the rank of a Honorable Justice of the High Court, and A retired Vice-Chancellor of a University.
Time table for the Award
- Final date for submission of Application: September 30, 2015
- First Adjudication (Examination of materials submitted): October 10, 2015
- Second Adjudication (Interview, questions and additional inquiries): October 25, 2015
- Decision and Informing the winner: November 5, 2015
A Short Account of the Life of Mrs. Inderjit Khurana
Mrs. Inderjit Khurana(24th Nov. 1936 – 26th Oct. 2010), the founder of Ruchika Social Service Organisation was an educationist par excellence. A visionary activist, she epitomized what is noble and dedicated her life to the service of marginalized sections of society, particularly the children of Urban poor. She has pioneered non-formal educational centers in the Railway Platforms in the year 1985, when it was conspicuous by its absence in the state of Odisha. The Innovative methodology, child friendly environment, the dynamism and determination of the founder attracted a constant flow of visitors from different walks of life, who helped her to give shape to the values she cherished. Mrs. Khurana, fondly called as ‘Mama’ had a charismatic as well as Magnetic Personality and obtained the warmest love and regard even from critics. Though she attributes her success to providence, yet she believed in her soul force and did it all on her own strength. In her maiden adventure, she was ably supported by her husband Lt. Col. S.S. Khurana, who guided the organisation in administrative and financial management. Her lifelong contribution to the cause of unprivileged children has been widely recognized and has been honoured with:
- The World’s Children’s Prize for the Rights of the Child (WCPRC) in 2006,
- World of Children Award for Human Enrichment in 2007,
- National Award from the Ministry of Human Resources for the children welfare in 2004,
- National Award from Chinta O Chetana recognized by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting,
- Derozio Award from ICSE in 2005,
- Shining World Leadership Award from Tji Hak- Soon Justice and Peace Foundation, US in 2008,
- The Nehru Children’s Museum, Kolkata has awarded her for her welfare work with children in 1987,
- Out Look Magazine selected her as one of the 50 personalities in India who have contributed to bring a change in the society,
- She was one of the life time Associate Members of Ashoka – Innovators for Public,
- UNICEF has made a film on the Platform School viz. “Blossoms in the Dust” in 1986
- American Public Broadcasting services has made a documentary film “New Heroes” on the works of Mrs. Khurana as one of the 10 best innovative social workers in the world in 2005.
Nomination for the Inderjit Khurana National Award
(On empowerment of the underprivileged children)
- Name of the Nominee (in capitals)
- Name of Mother*, Father & Nationality:
- Address in Full:
- Contact details:*
- Email and Website if available:
- Activities for which nominee is recommended ( in 150 words):*
- Organisation to which the nominee belongs:
- A gist of work (attach A4 size papers) warranting his/her nomination
- Awards and Recognitions received so far (if any)
- Any reference the nominator wishes to cite
Name of the nominating authority / person
Place: Address with mobile no. and email
Fields marked* are mandatory.
Thank you for your Patience
Remarks: 1) The nomination should be based on truth.
2) One can also download from the Ruchika website
Send to: Ruchika Social Service Organisation, Plot No. 3731-A, Sriram Nagar, Old Town, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. Pin- 751002